£0.00 – £238.00
Diclofenac is a medicine that reduces inflammation and pain.
It’s used to treat aches and pains, as well as problems with joints, muscles and bones. These include:
- rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and gout
- sprains and strains in muscles and ligaments
- back pain
- ankylosing spondylitis – this causes inflammation of the spine and other parts of the body
Most adults can take diclofenac.
Children may be prescribed diclofenac to treat joint problems. Diclofenac tablets, capsules and suppositories are suitable for children aged 1 year and above.
Diclofenac isn’t suitable for certain people.
- Take diclofenac tablets or capsules with a meal or snack, or just after eating.
- It’s best to take the lowest dose of diclofenac for the shortest time to control your symptoms.
- The most common side effects are headaches, dizziness, stomach pain, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea and rashes.
- Diclofenac tablets come as either diclofenac potassium or diclofenac sodium. They work as well as each other.
- Diclofenac is also called by the brand names Voltarol, Dicloflex, Econac and Fenactol.