Diazepam Actavis 10mg Tablets
£35.00 – £352.80
What Diazepam Actavis is and what it is used for?
Diazepam Actavis contains the active substance diazepam which belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. Diazepam has anxiolytic, sedative and muscle relaxant effect.
Diazepam Actavis is used:
- in the treatment of anxiety.
- in the treatment of muscle spasms, including those caused by cerebral spasticity (originates in the brain).
- for symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
to provide sedation before operations (premedication).
What you need to know before you take Diazepam Actavis
Do not take Diazepam Actavis;
- if you are allergic to diazepam or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6) or to other benzodiazepine medicines.
- if you have a condition called myasthenia gravis which causes muscles to weaken and tire easily.
- if you suffer from sleep apnoea (a sleep disorder where you have abnormal pauses in breathing during sleep).
- if you have severe liver disorders.
- if you have acute respiratory depression (slow and/or shallow breathing).
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Diazepam Actavis
- if you have a history of alcoholism or drug abuse
- if you are elderly. Diazepam Actavis can cause confusion and have effects on muscles causing falls and injuries.
- if you have breathing problems
- suffer from depression
- if you have suicidal thoughts
- if you have epilepsy or a history of seizures
How to take Diazepam Actavis
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Swallow the tablets with a glass of water.
[For 5 mg and 10 mg tablets:]
The tablets can be divided into equal halves.Your doctor will decide the appropriate dose and for how long you need to take the tablets. The usual duration of treatment is not longer than 4 weeks. If needed, your doctor might increase the duration of treatment.
The usual doses:
- For anxiety: 2-5 mg diazepam 2-3 times daily. The dose can be increased up to a maximum of 30 mg daily in 2-4 divided doses.
- For treatment of muscle spasm: Up to 15 mg diazepam daily in 2-4 divided doses.
- For treatment of muscle spasms in cerebral spasticity: Up to a maximum of 60 mg daily in 3-4 divided doses